I’m a Principal UX Designer at Amazon, in the Advertising UX group. I’ve been working at Amazon since I joined as an intern in 2013. For the last few years my work has focused on design systems and web accessibility.
Here are some projects I’ve tackled at work:
- I’m the lead designer working on our design system (“Storm”) for the Advertiser Experience group.
- I do UX design and prototyping for new and updated user interface components. I’ve learned enough React to contribute directly to the system and help out our engineering team with code reviews.
- I led a project to adapt our desktop design system to work on mobile web, and I coach product teams on how to deliver a good mobile experience.
- I led a complete rewrite of our documentation site backed by a CMS, with live code previews, search, and improved navigation.
- I created & maintain Figma and Sketch libraries for our design org.
- I also proposed and got funding for our org’s adoption of Figma, managed licensing for the first year, and set up a design ops practice on our team that now supports thousands of users across Amazon.
- I conduct accessibility audits, track down issues, and contribute code fixes to resolve them. I co-host accessibility office hours for our org’s design and engineering teams. I’m an IAAP certified accessibility professional.
- I’ve been incrementally redesigning the Advanced tools center, our documentation site for developers. In 2023 I helped ship a new home page, revised navigation and information architecture, improvements to site search, and a new template for OpenAPI spec pages.
- I led a project that added support for adaptive mobile web views to a desktop campaign management website. Measuring the % of mobile page views that see a mobile-optimized layout vs. a zoomed-out desktop layout, we went from 0% to 90% coverage in a few months.
- I helped add support for language translations in Amazon Stores and Sponsored Brands, so that shoppers who change their language on Amazon get appropriately translated brand content.
- I was the lead designer for Landing Page Builder, an internal web app that let designers publish custom content on Amazon without writing any code. Visual designers used this product to build thousands of interesting and creative experiences, both for standard “templated” campaign pages and more complex custom sponsorships.
- I was the lead designer for Advertise Your App, a product that let app developers automatically create mobile app download campaigns. (TechCrunch)
- I helped launch the Amazon Shopper Panel, an iOS and Android app where participants can share receipts from non-Amazon purchases to earn monthly rewards. (TechCrunch)
- For the first few years after joining I worked on inventing, testing, and improving ad placements and formats for Amazon’s desktop and mobile properties.